Thursday 9 August 2012

Insight: Megan Gale



Megan Gale, model, skincare ambassador, designer and actress and all round beauty is known for her glowing skin and health attitude to life. Here is an insight into her beauty and fitness regime! 





What’s your weekly exercise routine? 
It depends on how busy I am and how much travel is involved. In an ideal world I’d work out four to five times a week and that could be anything depending on what I’m feeling like. I love to exercise outdoors and I’d love to run a couple of times a week, have at least one or two yoga or Pilates classes… It’s really good to mix things up. 



Are you into any particular diets?  
I try and use organic produce as much as possible. It’s hard when you’re on the go staying in hotels, but you adapt as best you can. My summer and winter diets are different. It’s all very healthy and plentiful, but in summer I tend to eat a lot of fruit and graze on dates, nuts and salads. In winter it’s more about roast vegies and organic meats and soups and wholewheat pasta.
 


Do you take any supplements for your skin or hair? 
I take a really strong Omega 3-6-9 capsule, which is great, and I take a little capsule called ArmaForce. It’s got olive leaf and if you’ve got the slightest bit of a cold, it will wipe it out. It’s also really great for skin, nails and hair.



What do you see as your responsibility to women as a role model?
I think it’s about presenting that idea that it’s okay to look after yourself. You shouldn’t feel you are being vain or self-indulgent. It’s about going back to the obvious slogan that ‘you’re worth it’ – you’re worth spending money on, you’re worth pampering and looking after. You’re in this body and this skin for life so look after it.



What does true beauty mean to you? 
Oh gosh… I don’t think someone has to be aesthetically beautiful to be considered truly beautiful. I do believe in that saying, ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’. If someone is a positive person who shares their positivity and shares loves and an honest, truthful spirit, I think that comes through. 



What’s your relationship to ageing? Are you afraid of it? 
I’m not scared at all! I mean, we’re all going to get older. It’s not something I’m fearful of. My mum hasn’t had any kind of cosmetic enhancement or intervention, and I think she’s ageing beautifully. I don’t really do anything to try and look younger.  I do things to try and look healthier, and those things are pretty basic –live a healthy lifestyle, eat the right foods, exercise regularly, get enough sleep, don’t smoke, drink lots of water, wear sunscreen. They’re basic things anyone can afford to do.





Source: Vogue.com.au, Sigourney Cantelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment